What is the Music Artistry Program?
For the Student:
- Set goals which encourages preparation beyond the normal weekly routine.
- The process is similar to sports: practice – games – tournaments.
- Perform for a highly-respected visiting artist
- Work one-on-one with the visiting artist to improve your performance
- Receive written comments and a certificate for your hard work
For the Parent:
- The Music Artistry Program serves as a goal for your child to prepare two memorized pieces
- Non-competitive format encourages learning, rather than comparison with others
- Visiting artists are experienced teachers with advanced training, have been carefully screened by WSMTA, are nationally certified by MTNA and many serve on college faculties around the Northwest