Musical Note Studio
360-740-8022 (no text)
360-219-6350 (text only),
Teaching Area: Piano, Harp, Organ, Theory. (Online or as possible, in-studio)
Teaching Ages: All ages; 4 on up.
Karen is passionate about connecting students to the enduring world of music. She enjoys students of all ages and abilities whether you are professionally bound or a recreational player.
- In studio, structured environment using on-bench and off-bench activities.
- Teaches goal setting with students.
- Comprehensive curriculum and extensive theory training.
- Music includes traditional favorites from Western European Art Music as well as explores world cultures, improvisation, and music of our time.
- Up-to-date technology in computer/piano lab.
- Monthly group lesson to share music with each other and build friendships while learning important music skills/knowledge.
Teaching Schedule: Mondays-Thursdays.
- Lessons are scheduled weekly (45-75 min in length).
- For more details, please contact Karen.
Student Event Opportunities
- Music Artistry Program (Adjudications)
- Music Literacy Program (Ribbon Festival)
- Chapter Playoff Competition
- Royal Conservatory of Music Development Program
- Guest Artistry Program
- Community Outreach Performance
- Nationally Certified Teacher in Music (NCTM)
- BA in Music (Pacific Lutheran University)
- MA in Mental Health Counseling (City University)
- BA in Home Economics/Business with Music minor (Linfield College)
- Certified Music Practitioner (Therapeutic Harpist)
- Music Teacher National Association
- Washington State Music Teacher Association
- Lewis County Music Teacher Association
- American Harp Society
- Music for Healing and Transition Program
- Former Lewis County Music Teacher Association Chapter President.
- Over 40 years teaching experience.
- Over 40 years experience performing solo and collaboratively locally and abroad, in many types of settings.
- Over 20 years accompanying church and school choirs, English and Bilingual, on organ or piano.
- Pianist for past 10 years at St. Joseph Church. Past posts include Chehalis United Methodist Church and Winlock Adventist Church.
- Provides therapeutic harp music to hospice patients.
- Past students have won local competitions and have gone on to receive awards and become Band, Choir and Church Music Directors, Music Teachers, Organists.